So for a very long long long time I have been trying different fad diets. I was all over the place! The worst diet I was on was by medifast. I recently tried a week of it and I fainted by the 6th day. I was eating so little calories that I couldn’t walk across the room. I was crying every night and it really messed with my hormone balance..(not a pretty sight). After speaking with a good friend about the Paleo diet I have decided to commit to it. Which is perfect because I’m studying ancient hunter gathers at ASU right now. I have been reading a book called “Nom, Nom, Paleo” which is super funny and has a bunch of awesome recipes. My favorite blog I have found about Paleo is called “PaleOMG”. I love the name and the writer- plus her recipes look so good I want to run to my kitchen and make everything. I wanted to share one of her recipes with you today because I’m eating it for breakfast tomorrow. I can’t wait to try it and I hope you enjoy it too 🙂 I know it says left over from thanksgiving and since its now February I’m a little late on using those left overs so I would just say add some of your favorite fresh fruit to the mix!
I was finally able to get back to Yoga tonight. I’m very excited to devote my year to improving my yoga practice (Hatha tonight). I would like to note that the Paleo diet helped me get through intermediate yoga no problem. O blood type for the win. 😉
- 1½ cups canned coconut milk (about 12 ounces)
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- leftover apple tartlets, roughly chopped
- Blend together coconut milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in a blender.
- Place the blended mixture into a resealable large jar then add chia seeds. Seal jar and shake.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with chopped leftover apple tartlets
- Eat up. Breakfast is served.
This photo belongs to “PaleOMG” and I claim no ownership.
P.S Go Team USA!!! You’re doing amazing at the Sochi Games!